What should be included in my letter of recommendation?
If you are asking your employer or volunteer supervisor for a letter of recommendation for the purposes of earning a high school diploma credit, the letter must contain the following:
- The name and full contact information for the author of the letter (e.g first and last name, physical and mailing address, phone number, email address),
- The position and a statement of the author's authority (e.g. Harry Potter, Director of Potions: responsible for overseeing the frog legs gatherers),
- Details of the student's title and responsibilities within the organization,
- A statement of the duration of the student's service to the organization,
- A brief assessment of the student's performance while in the position,
- A statement of the specific qualities for which the author is recommending this student,
- This letter must bear the seal and/or appear on letterhead for this organization and must be word processed.
If you have any questions about the requirements for the letter of recommendation, contact Sara at email@example.com
Back to the List